Liam

baby development

Saturday, July 07, 2007

best. day. ever.

On our one year anniversary the Argentinian had a whole day planned for us. We had a lovely breakfast at Cody's in La Jolla before heading down to La Jolla cove to look in the tide pools, as well as lay out on the beach. We layed out for a couple hours before heading up to the Cabrillo National Monument to exchange our gifts. The Argentinian gave me a bottle of perfume (which smells lovely), and I gave him a photo album I had made of our first year together (using iPhoto. totally cool and recommended). After a short trip home to get cleaned up and dressed, we headed back out to La Jolla for dinner at Sante's, a great Italian restaurant. After sharing a delicious dinner together we drove up to Mount Soledad to watch the sunset. Shortly after arriving, as the sun began to go down, he got down on his knee and proposed. I of course said "Yes!"

After that, I had to track my mom down at work to tell her the big news. I didn't exactly know which hospital she works at, so on my third try, I finally got ahold of her. After trying to call my dad (and ending up having to wait to talk to him the next day), I called a few friends, and sent out a mass text message.

All in all, it was really the best, most perfect day. He put so much love, thought, and effort into planning it that really made it a memorable day. It's one I'll never forget my whole life.

No comments: