Liam

baby development

Monday, January 08, 2007

i'll be the girl


i'm not sure why this tiffany song came into my mind today. but for whatever reason, it's there, and to be honest is kind of stuck in my head at the moment. i never really gave this song much thought. but then i started thinking about it, and it has kind of a not so great line, that could be a bad message. "I'll be the girl, that you want me to be." i'm sure young tiffany didn't think much about this either when she sang it in malls across america. but it kind of promotes changing who you are to attract a boy, and keep him from "even looking at other girls". now other lines are more sweet and acceptable. it's just that part in the main chorus that kind of got me thinking. we should be who we are (guys and girls), and not change who we are to make someone like us. i know that a lot of people make that mistake. at least when they are younger in age. i know i did. there was at least one or two boyfriends i had where i wasn't 100% myself, cause i didn't want him to change how he felt about me. luckily i grew older, and wiser, and snapped out of that. i decided that if someone didn't like me for who i was, then that isn't my problem. cause there are lots of people out there who will love/like me for who i am.

1 comment:

Erica said...

new year, new blog, same megan. good.