Liam

baby development

Monday, August 04, 2008

19 Weeks

Well, I'm about half way through the pregnancy now. About 19.5 weeks. This is a picture I took a few days ago:



The little guy (Penguin) is definitely moving around in there. His kicks are getting strong enough that I even felt them on the outside over the weekend. Sadly, the Argentinian didn't get to feel them. Whenever he came over to feel Penguin either stopped moving, or kicked too softly that only I could feel it. Hopefully it'll happen soon enough that he can experience that.

We went up to Pasadena this past weekend to hang out with my family. It was quite a group of us, each with significant others. Eight total. Next year, we'll have the baby with us, so it'll be even more of a production. But, I always look forward to this yearly trip. It's a fun thing we started doing. We went to a comedy show on Saturday evening after eating dinner. Once the show was over everyone (sans dad and his girlfriend) went walking around Old Pasadena looking for some food and drinks (non-alcoholic for me obviously). We ended up going to a place called Hot Wings, as that was the only place that wasn't to "sit down restaurant-like" that was still open. One of my brothers ordered a glass of wine, which everyone laughed at. I mean, who goes to a place called Hot Wings, and then drinks wine (along with some french fries)? But we all had fun until we started getting a little tired and headed back to our hotel. Sunday, after breakfast, we went to the shop my dad's girlfriend owns and shopped around for a little bit. It's a cute little shop with little gift type things and books and all of that. Shortly after that, we split up (my brothers with their wife and girlfriend to the airport, us making the drive home) to head back home. My air conditioning in my car decided to break, so it was a pretty hot drive. I was dying during the first part of the drive home. Luckily I fell asleep so that I slept through most of the hot part. When I woke up, we were only about 20 minutes from home. So much cooler down here. But, I still need to get the AC fixed. I don't know if I'll be able to make it through the rest of the summer without it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Holy crap, I need to check your blog more often.

Congrats on baby Penguin!