Liam

baby development

Monday, October 09, 2006

really?

i was on my way home on saturday afternoon from the argentinian's house, and i was kind of hungry. so since i didn't have all that much to eat at home, i stopped at taco bell. the taco bell shares a parking lot with in-n-out, and so there is often a rather long line of cars that crowds up the place. so i'm trying to squeeze through a line of cars (in my car) and a dumpster when this girl in a truck starts trying to go through as well. i see her mouth the words about "she'll have to back up." even though i had started through the space first, i was like, whatever, no big deal, i'll just back up. i knew there was a ped (pedestrian) walking around behind my car, so i waited a second and was looking back for him to be out of the way of my car. i slowly move back, as in i just take my foot off the brake and let me car roll. suddenly, this ass ped spits his drink, which appears to have some food in it as well, on the back of my car. and keeps on walking away. needless to say, it pisses me off. so i drive over to where he is just sitting down with one of his friends, and get out of my car and ask if there is a reason that he spit on my car.

"yeah," he said. "you almost hit me."

"no, i didn't. i waited for you to be out of the way," i respond.

"oh, you waited."

which yeah, i did wait. cause really, is hitting some ped high on my list of things to do? i'm pretty sure it's not. so even if he thought that i was going to hit him, which i wasn't even near him so i don't know what his deal was, why is spitting on someone's car the first thought you have? cause i'm pretty sure that it's an accident if someone hits a person. and i'm pretty sure the one mile an hour nudge wouldn't have phased him. but i wasn't even near him, so it was stupid.

later that day i almost got hit by a backing out car in my apartment complex parking lot. and you know what, i didn't even think about spitting on their car. i didn't even say anything. cause i was mostly just like, whoa, i almost got hit by a car. not like, hey, what an ass. i'm sure this older woman was trying to run me over. what can i do that lacks complete human decency to show my rage. even if i was mad, the worst i would do is maybe give an angry look. when did it become ok to spit on people or their stuff. i'm pretty sure spitting on someone's body is assault. why should spitting on their car be any more ok?

1 comment:

Jennifer Jackson said...

so how did the convo with the ped end? did you throw down?