Liam

baby development

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

bed wars: 2nd edition

the argentinian spent the night last night. the first time since the rolling-on-top-of-me incident. from the title i'm sure you can tell it did not go well. i'll put aside the fact that he kept me up a little longer than i wanted to stay up. that is forgivable. no hard feelings. we settle into bed, him right up against me (of course). but this time i planned ahead. i started out in the middle of the bed, thinking that later in the night i could always roll away if i needed a little more space. my plan seemed to be working. there was even eventually a little space between us every now and then. an occasional arm would find it's way over onto me, but i brushed it off with ease. until, that is, the whole body seemed to find it's way over to my side of the bed (i had since moved over to my side). i opened my eyes and looked over, and noticed how little space i had. i was going to just maybe go lay on the other side of the bed, but upon further inspection, the argentinian's leg was occupying that side. he would roll a little closer, and i would nudge him away. this happened a couple times. finally, i accepted defeat, and went and slept the remainder of the night on the couch (which i really didn't mind since i voluntarily sleep on it all the time).

argentina: 1
germany: 1

2 comments:

Erica said...

unacceptable. a girl needs her rest in a real bed, on a solid matress.

Megan said...

as opposed to an air mattress?